Skip to main content

Time please don't fly...

I want everything to just stand still..feel like playing the 'statue' game.


Things are moving so fast, am just gasping for breath, trying to stay on top. While am very happy with the change, professionally, on the personal front, I hate the thought of being uprooted from my domain.


Nobody wants to know how I feel. I wish I was asked, "how do you feel?"


I feel like a fish out of water. 


I feel that my cocoon is breaking, and this time, the breakage would not give birth to a happy butterfly, who would wander about gleefully. This time around the metamorphosis would lead to a tired, distressed butterfly, who would be barely able to pull herself. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...

Decade old Mother..

About 10 years ago, on my way to work, I stopped at a chemist shop and bought a self pregnancy test kit. I reached the office, logged in, went about my routine, waiting for my team to settle down.  A couple of hours later, I went to the washroom to take my test. My worst fear came true, the result was positive. I was pregnant. I just didn't know how to react. I cried. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do, whom to talk to, whom to call- Nothing! My mind was blank. I walked up to my Manager and told him, I needed to go home, as I wasn't 'feeling' well. My husband traveling helped, as I didn't want to answer any questions. I reached home and I cried my heart out, something I couldn't do in the office easily. After that, I threw up. Why did I cry? I cried because I was torn between keeping the baby and keeping my job. I did not understand at that time, what was more important. I knew in my heart that I could not leave a child with a maid and work peaceful...