Skip to main content

There was a TIME...

All it takes is a song, and you are immediately transported to a time gone by...

A time, where love was red hearts, roses, red world through rose tinted glasses, mushy cards, sentimental songs.. audio cassettes recorded with playlists that conveyed the 'feelings'.

Bunking school, fibbing about extra classes, to watch a movie, or go to some isolated place to just hold hands. Reel life promises inspired the real life decisions.

A time where going to school became necessary, to just catch a glimpse of your 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend'.

Wow!! As cliched as it may sound... Time really flies!

And the sad part is, we grow up. We grow up to realize the truth behind the glasses. The colour 'red' vanishes, when you remove the glasses. That no matter, how nicely you draw a heart, and fill it with bright red colour, it still breaks. It not only breaks, it shatters into thousand pieces, you can spend a lifetime trying to pick them up, you will still see the shards.

The audio cassettes, start getting stuck, and in time give way to CD's, pen drives, music apps... Everything tells you loudly -  Change is constant!

But, no one tells you, that this change will hurt you. This change will take away all those things from your life, which you thought was permanent. And, suddenly, your life stands still at crossroads, where you are forced to make a decision. A decision which is going to hurt you, but you convince yourself that one day, everything will make sense. You convince yourself that with time, it will be alright. 

That day never comes. Your heart has questions. I might take those questions to my grave, as I know that I will never get an opportunity to ask them. Some scars are really deep, and those scars are invisible to the world, only you can see them. Some people have the potential to leave deep impressions and you are never the same. The person who touches your soul, sometimes turns out to be the same one who damages your spirit - forever...

Time doesn't heal anything, it only makes our heart stronger, to endure. 

The reality of your role brings you back from the time gone by, in a jiffy...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

Friday Rumblings...

After a long time today, I made myself a cup of tea, lots of 'adrak', added jaggery since I quit sugar. My maid was on leave, celebrating a festival, otherwise everyday she is responsible for my tea. Growing up in Delhi got us used to the 'adrak wali chai, doodh kum, patti tez' (translates to strong tea with less milk and lots of ginger). When I got this maid, I taught her how to make tea this way, and since then she stopped liking the 'milky tea' she used to make. 10 years now, she makes it better :D. If I share this with my mother, she would be shocked, that her daughter who once wouldn't enter the kitchen, is now sharing 'how to's' with others. Well, that's my mother, its been 14 years since I actively started cooking, started when I was pregnant, but, even today she loves to just share stories of how I wasn't interested in cooking ever. It's the favourite family discussion topic. From making the comforting dal chawal to bakin...

Let's be un-real..

Open up social media these days, my page is bombarded with all these posts on real women. “ A real woman is someone who smiles when she wants to cry” “A real woman’s strength lies in her nerves of steel”. “A real woman never gives up”. “A real woman puts others needs before hers” “A real woman endures it all and never complains” I am getting tired of these posts.  What defines a woman firstly?  I mean, why are we desperately trying to create a mould? Is this our come back on male strength?  If that is the case, then we are being silly, because there is no comparison of a woman's endurance with a man. The world knows it. The universe has aligned it like that. If a woman decides to go out and have fun with friends, is she un-real? If a woman wants to go shopping, is she un-real? If a woman feels like eating out and not cook, is she un-real? If a woman puts her needs first while taking care of others, is she un-real? If a woman wants to ...