Skip to main content

As I bid adieu to 2017...

Another year bites the dust...

Here I am yet again, picking up my laptop towards the year-end to write a blog on how the year that went by was, and as I do that, my resolution list smirks.

So I did follow many... I quit sugar completely as I promised, infact I gave up icecreams, which is like Nirvana for me. So yeah, I did well on that one.

Gadget time is still questionable. Spent time doing stuff with both my kids. Dealing with two genders can be tough at times.

Guilty of not blogging, so scared to add it to the list this time. ;)

2017 in many ways has been good. Went on an all-girls trip to Sikkim right in the beginning of the year. Schoolgirls, 5 of us had a blast. When we started planning we were 8, by the time we made it a reality we came down to 5, but we had fun. The late-night conversations, inadequate sleep, music in the car, stopping at any place to click pictures, to dressing up, it was a trip of a lifetime.  

Lost more weight, I had promised myself that I would do what it takes to knock off few kilos. A long way to go, but I am happy with my achievement.

Forgave few, to ease out the baggage in my heart. And fortunately, it did. It was time to move on. 

People who stuck by me, am ever grateful for such ones in my life. People who got upset came back and decided to stick around.

Joined a gym. I was always anti-gym but decided to give it a shot, found a good personal trainer. What started as a 3-month regime, I surprised myself by extending it to three more months. With my doctor giving me a green signal for upper body workouts, I am looking forward to shaping my arms next year and get back to my first love - sleeveless ;)

I am looking forward to 2018. Lot of things lined up, including few important decisions. 

The year also marks my 40th. Yeah, baby! Can't believe, that am 4 decades old now. But as always, this new year will be embraced with confidence and smile.

So, whats been going on in my head is, that if I have 10 years to live max 15, I want to make sure that it is a ride filled with adventures. With each passing day, am becoming more fearless. The attitude was always "bring it on". Its just getting stronger every day.

With my close friends going through tough times in their personal relationships for a long time, I sincerely hope they find a closure in 2018.

With a lot of gratitude, I sign off this year. And I am gearing up to welcome the new year on a boat cruise this time. I just hope and pray that I am able to get rid of all the negativity in my heart and mind and do away with negative people too. 

I pray that God gives my friends, family, and well-wishers strength to get through another year.

Adios! Me goes!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...

Friday Rumblings...

After a long time today, I made myself a cup of tea, lots of 'adrak', added jaggery since I quit sugar. My maid was on leave, celebrating a festival, otherwise everyday she is responsible for my tea. Growing up in Delhi got us used to the 'adrak wali chai, doodh kum, patti tez' (translates to strong tea with less milk and lots of ginger). When I got this maid, I taught her how to make tea this way, and since then she stopped liking the 'milky tea' she used to make. 10 years now, she makes it better :D. If I share this with my mother, she would be shocked, that her daughter who once wouldn't enter the kitchen, is now sharing 'how to's' with others. Well, that's my mother, its been 14 years since I actively started cooking, started when I was pregnant, but, even today she loves to just share stories of how I wasn't interested in cooking ever. It's the favourite family discussion topic. From making the comforting dal chawal to bakin...