Skip to main content

Heart warming..



- A space on the terrace turned into a small room in DDA flats, in the north-west of Delhi. The smell of rajma chawal wafting. A young lad, in college, in between his studies, his classes, fighting with his sibling and parents, finds time to strum his guitar while sneaking in a cigarette with his friends around him jamming. That's the thought that popped in my head when I heard the strumming of the guitar at the beginning of the song, the first time.

- A warm sun peeping out, the typical 'Sardi wali dhoop' of November, girl hanging out in the balcony, with 'chai', and the guy who has a crush on her, standing in a small 'kirana' shop right opposite her house, so that he could have a look at her while she pretends to have not seen him and continues sipping her chai, with a wandering gaze, while playing with her hair.

"Soni soni si mohabbat ne kareya hai tang
Kudi teri sohabat ne kareya hai tang
rangeen fillum jaise dikhte hai rang"

A song for every person in love, lyrics for every person who was in love at least once in life. A song which forces you to go back to your days of youth. A song which strikes a chord somewhere. A song which makes you dream. A song you want to listen to on a warm winter-y afternoon while driving. 


"Ikk tu hi Ikk tu hi,
Mainu pasand,
Preet di khushboo
na ho jaye mand,
Meri zidd hai,
teri meri jind hai,
hass ke guzara"

My favourite lines from the song. Lines which make you feel special. Lines which make you blush when you listen. Lines which you wish the guy who is in love with you dedicates it to you and means it. 

A beautiful song. A beautiful composition from one of my favourite composers, Amit Trivedi.

This song to me is every love story. 
Confessed and unsaid. 
First crush or a deeply intense relationship. 
A new found love or a walk down memory lane. 
Of blissful solitudes and of fantasies. 

I am addicted to this one. As of now. A song which makes me smile. A song which is a mood changer. A song which has a calming effect. 








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

Friday Rumblings...

After a long time today, I made myself a cup of tea, lots of 'adrak', added jaggery since I quit sugar. My maid was on leave, celebrating a festival, otherwise everyday she is responsible for my tea. Growing up in Delhi got us used to the 'adrak wali chai, doodh kum, patti tez' (translates to strong tea with less milk and lots of ginger). When I got this maid, I taught her how to make tea this way, and since then she stopped liking the 'milky tea' she used to make. 10 years now, she makes it better :D. If I share this with my mother, she would be shocked, that her daughter who once wouldn't enter the kitchen, is now sharing 'how to's' with others. Well, that's my mother, its been 14 years since I actively started cooking, started when I was pregnant, but, even today she loves to just share stories of how I wasn't interested in cooking ever. It's the favourite family discussion topic. From making the comforting dal chawal to bakin...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...