Skip to main content

Snippets...

I do not give up on people, I never do.
Sadly, they give up on me. 
I guess I am someone who can be just dismissed.

_________________________________________________________

People who express themselves aren't attention seekers.
When you don't like someone's updates, why don't you just block them? If you don't want to block, use the option of 'hide from news feed', but stop judging.

__________________________________________________________

I trusted people and shared everything, only for them to point fingers at me later.
I don't influence others to behave in a particular manner with the people I don't get along. It just hurts when they take a decision on their own, and later very easily throw it on my face. What did I do?

___________________________________________________________

I realized, that when someone cries, the world sympathises and accepts him/her as sensitive.
When someone braves everything quietly, gets labelled as 'tough'. And then smacked with sarcasm, "you are tough, you can deal with it" as if it's a crime to be one. Who said tough people don't have feelings? 

___________________________________________________________

We moved from stone age to digital age. From socialising to social media.
Unfortunately, the mindset did not move from the stone age.
____________________________________________________________

Friendships today are judged by the tags, the dedications and screenshots. It's such a pity. 
____________________________________________________________

Validations have become necessary to prove the sincerity. Why is it that I never asked for it? 
____________________________________________________________

People break ties so easily, without thinking the time and effort it took to form one.
_____________________________________________________________

You cannot hold someone responsible for the insecurities that you harbour. 
_____________________________________________________________

I have valued relationships. But, now I cannot and I will not spend my emotional energy proving it. There will be a day when someone will look at me and say, "you matter". 
_____________________________________________________________

Sometimes someone doesn't want to video chat, not because they want you to beg. The reason could also be that they don't want you to see the pain and the scars they have been hiding under the garb of a normal phone call. But, sadly, no one bothers to ask.
_____________________________________________________________

People around me should be happy that I am 'tough'. After all, I take the load off  their heads. They know they can dump everything on my head, and I will take care of it. 
_____________________________________________________________

I am not allowed to be needy, because I am tough. Yeah, being tough is a curse.
_____________________________________________________________

I understand you know. I quietly watch the actions, I quietly hear the statements thrown at me. I don't say anything, not because I can't. 
_____________________________________________________________

Out of 650 Instagram posts, I deleted about 600. I thought I was collecting moments of today which would be my memories of tomorrow. A few years later when I look back at the pictures I posted, I would smile. Little did I know that I was being judged. The fact that I was being judged, didn't hurt. People who did it - that hurt. I changed my posts into insta stories, because the comments would then be available as personal messages. No clarifications required. 
___________________________________________

And sometimes, people who speak highly of you will be the ones who won’t spare a minute to talk I’ll about you. You take it in your stride. 
_______________________________________________________________________________
"When you hear a bad story about me, which is very often, you should understand that there was a time I was good to those people too.. but they won't tell you that" - This quote is spot on, in my case.
_____________________________________________________________

Fell down, got up, dusted!! Repeated!! And repeating!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

Friday Rumblings...

After a long time today, I made myself a cup of tea, lots of 'adrak', added jaggery since I quit sugar. My maid was on leave, celebrating a festival, otherwise everyday she is responsible for my tea. Growing up in Delhi got us used to the 'adrak wali chai, doodh kum, patti tez' (translates to strong tea with less milk and lots of ginger). When I got this maid, I taught her how to make tea this way, and since then she stopped liking the 'milky tea' she used to make. 10 years now, she makes it better :D. If I share this with my mother, she would be shocked, that her daughter who once wouldn't enter the kitchen, is now sharing 'how to's' with others. Well, that's my mother, its been 14 years since I actively started cooking, started when I was pregnant, but, even today she loves to just share stories of how I wasn't interested in cooking ever. It's the favourite family discussion topic. From making the comforting dal chawal to bakin...

Let's be un-real..

Open up social media these days, my page is bombarded with all these posts on real women. “ A real woman is someone who smiles when she wants to cry” “A real woman’s strength lies in her nerves of steel”. “A real woman never gives up”. “A real woman puts others needs before hers” “A real woman endures it all and never complains” I am getting tired of these posts.  What defines a woman firstly?  I mean, why are we desperately trying to create a mould? Is this our come back on male strength?  If that is the case, then we are being silly, because there is no comparison of a woman's endurance with a man. The world knows it. The universe has aligned it like that. If a woman decides to go out and have fun with friends, is she un-real? If a woman wants to go shopping, is she un-real? If a woman feels like eating out and not cook, is she un-real? If a woman puts her needs first while taking care of others, is she un-real? If a woman wants to ...