Skip to main content

This is where it all started....

So, here I am, back to base. My birth place, New Delhi. 8 years ago, I walked out of the city, with some dreams and apprehensions, must say settled happily in B'lore. "you are going back to your own city", people said, when I Shared my thoughts of moving back. I am still not very sure, if am happy to be back here, or if it's too early for me to decide. Life started here, this is the city which made me what I am today. Fearless. Forthright. So what is it that is stopping me from embracing it again? Is it the fact that my parents, my sister, my adorable lil niece are all down south? Or is it the flashback of certain ugly episodes that happened few years ago? I wish I could place my finger on one thing and make up my mind. Sitting by the balcony of a multi-storeyed building,when I look out I only see clusters of towers, it feels as if they are closing on me, I feel choked, I close my eyes to create space in my mind. And as I do that, I also pray quietly, for peace and well being of my loved ones.

Comments

  1. I know what it feels rooting from your comfort zone... but thats life and this phase will also pass...joining with you in prayers for your loved ones...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...

Let's be un-real..

Open up social media these days, my page is bombarded with all these posts on real women. “ A real woman is someone who smiles when she wants to cry” “A real woman’s strength lies in her nerves of steel”. “A real woman never gives up”. “A real woman puts others needs before hers” “A real woman endures it all and never complains” I am getting tired of these posts.  What defines a woman firstly?  I mean, why are we desperately trying to create a mould? Is this our come back on male strength?  If that is the case, then we are being silly, because there is no comparison of a woman's endurance with a man. The world knows it. The universe has aligned it like that. If a woman decides to go out and have fun with friends, is she un-real? If a woman wants to go shopping, is she un-real? If a woman feels like eating out and not cook, is she un-real? If a woman puts her needs first while taking care of others, is she un-real? If a woman wants to ...