Skip to main content

shop @ home...

I am getting addicted to online shopping. It started with ordering books from flipkart, and before I knew it, I was hooked onto other online shopping sites.

Now, I enjoy shopping online more than going to the stores, once in a while I do shop for my stuff outside, especially jeans and trousers, as its important to try it on, to see how the style fits. There is a lot more variety available online, when it comes to buying tops, skirts, kurtis or even accessories like bags and jewelry.

It's just a click away, sitting at the comfort of your home, sipping a beverage. They home deliver and have multiple payment options. So, it's easy to do a budgeted shopping. There are shopping websites for footwear as well, but I don't do it as my foot size varies with brands.

The baby websites are really good, I had ordered few storage containers and trolleys for my lil one as we had space crunch when we moved to Gurgaon. Must say, they were affordable and really good. Some of my favourite online websites are: www.fashionandyou.com, www.jabong.com - they have a good collection of bags, flipkart (goes without saying), then there is a facebook page called the design factory, affordable, nicely styled bags, suits me as I am not a genuine leather person, I don't buy anything from hidesign. I prefer faux leather, its not very expensive and for a bag freak like me, it works out perfectly fine. Though there are numerous websites for shopping, one should be very careful while selecting the website. I personally choose sites like jabong, bluestone or fashionandyou, brass tacks etc.. because they come with a return policy/exchange deal. When a site follows such norms, you can be rest assured of their quality and the fact that they are not fooling their customers.

It has worked out well for me. Sometimes I plan my time, and spend few hours on the net looking at all the styles, cuts designs and then make my choice :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

Friday Rumblings...

After a long time today, I made myself a cup of tea, lots of 'adrak', added jaggery since I quit sugar. My maid was on leave, celebrating a festival, otherwise everyday she is responsible for my tea. Growing up in Delhi got us used to the 'adrak wali chai, doodh kum, patti tez' (translates to strong tea with less milk and lots of ginger). When I got this maid, I taught her how to make tea this way, and since then she stopped liking the 'milky tea' she used to make. 10 years now, she makes it better :D. If I share this with my mother, she would be shocked, that her daughter who once wouldn't enter the kitchen, is now sharing 'how to's' with others. Well, that's my mother, its been 14 years since I actively started cooking, started when I was pregnant, but, even today she loves to just share stories of how I wasn't interested in cooking ever. It's the favourite family discussion topic. From making the comforting dal chawal to bakin...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...