Skip to main content

Notes to myself


28th March... Beauty comes with an expiry date, because beauty products do not come with a 'forever' timeline, then why do women get obsessed with it? One day or the other it's going to leave everyone..

27th March... Holi - a festival of colours, did the colours say, apply me on selected faces, apply me on a certain caste or creed?

14th March... Government wants to light up deserted streets, to prevent crimes on women at night, what about the rapes, molestations, eve teasings happening diring the day time?

March 1.. Wow! I haven't updated my 'notes to myself' in a long time.




May 9th..
Mother’s Day – Five years now, since I became a MOTHER, but it still feels different, sometimes its scary, when I see other mothers struggling with their teenagers, and I keep wondering what will I do? How will I be? If  I say that it has only been rewarding, then I would be lying, anybody who says that it has been Great are not being honest about it…how can you be happy when your kid is constantly crying or is cranky? Isn’t that a miserable feeling? Anyway, for me motherhood has been a roller coaster ride, and its going to be for a long time…
March 30th..
It rained…some respite to a hot weather…
March 22nd…
The man who pampered me more than my father was my Grandfather…May his soul rest in peace…
March 19th..
Cold is really irritating…Whether its a blocked nose or a runny nose..Hate it..
March 11th…
My kid is 5 years old today, ..feels like yesterday, when I held that tiny lil thing in my hand..
March 10th…
Feels nice to get in touch with an old friend again..
Feb 26th..
Desperate Housewives – Season6 starts tonight..Looking forward to it..
Feb 25th..
Remember a dialogue from the movie Lage Raho Munnabhai, “agar aadmi ki sahi pehchaan karni ho toh dekho ki woh apne se chote logon ke saath kaise baat karta hai”, It is so true… When it comes to being just human, why must we differentiate between classes?
Feb 22nd..
Even a teenage girl becomes a mother, but can she be a Parent? And will she be able to fulfill the duties of parenthood, is doubtful, Becoming a MOM or a DAD is no big deal..the challenge is to be a PARENT..sadly many of us don’t know the difference.
Feb 22nd..
Hello blogspot…How have you been? The week that was,.. nothing interesting, so no notes about that..
Feb 17th..More Notes..
My blog is just a month old, and I already have one follower, Thank you for the encouragement friend..It keeps me going.. :)
Feb 17th… Thought for the day..
“Why is it that only when someone walks out of our life, do we realize his importance?”
Feb 17th..
The week that was – I watched MNIK, and I loved it…I would have loved it anyway, am a SRK fan…so I am biased.. ;) …
Feb 16th..
Whole of last week, I was brimming with thoughts, and now am empty.. What the heck???
Feb 15th..
Getting an ID proof is such an ordeal..no wonder more than half the population of India, does not have a Voter’s ID or ration card or passport. You go to any of the above mentioned offices for a proof, they will ask for thousand docs, arrey yaar, if we had all the proofs, would we come for an ID proof in the first place???
Feb 15th..
Has been a long break from blogs…finally back again..feels good..
Feb 10th..
On my mind – a Song – Tum Mile toh jaadoo cha gaya..tum mile toh jeena aa gaya..tum mile toh maine paaya,hai khuda.. beautiful number, especially the slow version…
Feb 9th..
I did not like the new version of “Miley sur mera tumhara”, pseudo-patriotism is what I would call it, bringing in a bunch of film stars, looks, more like a Bollywood Anthem. Tsk! Tsk!
Feb 9th..
“My journey has been long. I do not regret it. At times, it has been dark, a perilous course. At other times, joyous, dappled with sunlight. It has been hard more often than easy”. Journey by Danielle Steele, hope it turns out to be a good read.
Feb 5th…
Ever experienced this?? – Feeling low, sad, unhappy, grumpy..and suddenly you hear something or recollect something or remember someone..and then you smile..Mere saath hua hai..and I love that magical feeling.. :)
Feb 5th..
Why is adoption limited to only those couples who face fertility issues? I wish I could adopt a child, if I could
it would be a girl..There is still a stigma attached to adoption, sad, but true..
Feb 2nd..
Watched Ishqiya…Fundoo movie..Arshad Warsi was outstanding.
Feb 1st..
Connected with someone after a very long time. Felt nice. Its strange how all relationships change with time.
Jan 29th…
I scolded my kid in the morning, fact is I continued to scold him even when he said sorry. When he got into the school bus, he didn’t even look at me, felt bad, went to school to surprise him and pick him up. I anticipated a smile and a loud, “Mummy”, instead he asked me why I came to pick him up? And he said he wasn’t happy.. :( , point noted..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Between then and now...

My last post was on 16th March 2015, and I haven't visited this space since then... Lot of things happened between then and now.. March 25th 2015, we finally got the possession of the villa, we had been rooting for. The previous owner was a complete jerk, he put us through an ordeal. But as they say, when you really want something, the universe conspires to get it for you. I desired that house, which is now my beautiful home. Even before, we signed the papers, I had visualized the decor of this house...my house, my home! I was happy with my previous villa too, it was enough for the 4 of us, but, hey, dreams are not in your control, fulfilling them definitely is. My husband made it happen. He just went after the guy to get this for us. The whole of April and May was spent in doing up the house. The woodwork, the furniture, drapes etc... Everything had to be coordinated. Though am still not happy with the colour of the curtains.. Looking around to find the right one. Then came t

short story..

Rohan checked his reflection in the mirror, clean shaven he was a dapper tonight, he smiled. His thoughts were interrupted by the sales lady, "Sir, your item is ready, it will be 25000/. Would you be paying by cash or card?" "Card", he said. He collected his packet and got into his car, waiting at the signal, he glided his hand on the velvet case. "She is gonna love it", he said it aloud in the privacy of his sedan.  He was dying to be in her arms tonight, and hear those magical words. He laughed, for thinking like a teenager. Nisha's intercom beeped, the guard informed her of Rohan's arrival. she checked herself for one last time in the mirror, sprayed her chanel, and went to the door. Rohan walked in with a bunch of flowers, and gave her the velvet box. A beautiful diamond studded pendant with a gold chain. She blushed, as he offered to string it around her neck, his hand brushed her bare shoulders, she shivered. She looked in his eyes, as he car

2013 it will be..

I was having my coffee in the morning as usual, when I saw the caption 'time flies'. That set me thinking. Checked the date, and couldn't believe that there were just 5 days left for 2012 to end. Phew!  Well, it's cliched, because every year, I say the same thing. I desperately wanted 2011, to end slowly, as the arrival of 2012 meant that I would have to leave Bangalore, but obviously, we do not have control over time. So 2012 came, I moved, and I am still settling in so to say, and now it's time to welcome another year. Thank God for surviving one more year. This is one prayer that I always say every year. New Year, new beginnings, so I guess I have to wait and watch what 2013 has in store for me. In the meanwhile, I will draw up my list of resolutions - that is a ritual, and I love to do it every year. I do not stick to the list, so this time, losing weight is definitely NOT there, though I still have to work on my water intake. I am worse than a camel when it com