Skip to main content

Beginnings....

While sipping my coffee in the morning…the second cup to be precise, because I need that caffeine dose after I pack off everyone, was going through the newspaper, I get to touch and smell the paper only after 9AM, inspite of the fact, that the newspaper guy throws it on my door at 6.30 in the morning, (he aims it at the door and gets it right everytime, should have been in the Indian cricket team), there was an article about blogging and bloggers, right from the common man to celebrities everybody is into blogging these days, I wondered what was the hype all about? So, after finishing my breakfast – a humble meal of cornflakes, bread and fruits, I am on DIET you see..;). I set off to create my blog account. While there are enough people blogging, tweeting etc.. about politics and global warming..sadly they are just tweeting and blogging about it, without actually taking any steps to do something about it. I decided not to talk or blog about such topics, rather I would use my account as a diary and share my thoughts. The first step was to choose a ‘blog’ title, hmmm..that took a long time, ironically, my blog post title was ready even before I finished creating my account…thats when it clicked, I decided to name it "Always Confused-Usually right". That is exactly how  I am, the question mark is not visible, thats all!!! So here I am with my first Post, and have joined the gang of bloggers. I have no clue as to what I am going to share, but now that I have started, I will figure out what to write as well. To all my friends, I can say, Watch out for more.. :) ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...

Friday Rumblings...

After a long time today, I made myself a cup of tea, lots of 'adrak', added jaggery since I quit sugar. My maid was on leave, celebrating a festival, otherwise everyday she is responsible for my tea. Growing up in Delhi got us used to the 'adrak wali chai, doodh kum, patti tez' (translates to strong tea with less milk and lots of ginger). When I got this maid, I taught her how to make tea this way, and since then she stopped liking the 'milky tea' she used to make. 10 years now, she makes it better :D. If I share this with my mother, she would be shocked, that her daughter who once wouldn't enter the kitchen, is now sharing 'how to's' with others. Well, that's my mother, its been 14 years since I actively started cooking, started when I was pregnant, but, even today she loves to just share stories of how I wasn't interested in cooking ever. It's the favourite family discussion topic. From making the comforting dal chawal to bakin...