Skip to main content

These are a few of my favourite things...


Getting bored..so thought of listing out my favourite things..
When I say favorites..The first thing that comes to my mind is COFFEE..Ah!!..
I just love the smell, the taste..and the way it makes me feel..It has to be perfect, it has to be strong, it has to be hot and with just a pinch of sugar..Thats my cuppa..
The colors blue and white.. White makes me feel at peace, blue makes me happy…
Books – I can read many, anytime…
Movies..Love the experience of watching it in the theatre..with caramel popcorn, and jumbo PEPSI..
Travelling…Though haven’t traveled to places I wanted to yet..someday am sure I will..I love travelling..

Music….all the time..any time..

Smell of the earth..when it rains..

Shopping…I don’t know any woman who hates it..

My blue jeans…

Watches… I have few and am collecting more…

Silver jewellery..especially silver earrings..

I love clicking pictures…capturing the moments forever..

I love watching the rain..

I love  beaches..they fascinate me..the tingling feeling, when the waves touch my feet..amazing..

Waking up early morning, in a hill station and enjoying the nature..
Talking on the phone..
Long drive and music…
Handbags and watches…
Davidoff Cool Water…and Jadore..
A Hug… :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...

Friday Rumblings...

After a long time today, I made myself a cup of tea, lots of 'adrak', added jaggery since I quit sugar. My maid was on leave, celebrating a festival, otherwise everyday she is responsible for my tea. Growing up in Delhi got us used to the 'adrak wali chai, doodh kum, patti tez' (translates to strong tea with less milk and lots of ginger). When I got this maid, I taught her how to make tea this way, and since then she stopped liking the 'milky tea' she used to make. 10 years now, she makes it better :D. If I share this with my mother, she would be shocked, that her daughter who once wouldn't enter the kitchen, is now sharing 'how to's' with others. Well, that's my mother, its been 14 years since I actively started cooking, started when I was pregnant, but, even today she loves to just share stories of how I wasn't interested in cooking ever. It's the favourite family discussion topic. From making the comforting dal chawal to bakin...