Skip to main content

Kahani poori filmy hai....

Reached home, as usual, half dead, ready to fall like a corpse on the bed, and gaze at nothing for few minutes.. Got up, showered, made my cuppa, plonked myself on the couch, while surfing channels, came across Wake Up Sid!, cute movie, it was about to end, I actually love the last scenes of that movie.
While watching it, I realized, that each of us as an individual can relate to lot of characters in the movies, somewhere a lil bit of us is hidden in those characters,.. Couple of months ago, when ‘I hate Luv Story’s’ released, a friend messaged me on FB saying, that I SHOULD watch this movie, because, she found an element of me in Imran Khan’s character, this was from a person who knew me from school, we were and are really close.
She found an element of me in “Jay”, intrigued!!! Needless to say, I went and saw the movie, “Jay” was a non-believer in love, according to him, there was no such thing as ‘LOVE’, which was so hyped up in bollywood movies, yes, that was one thing which was common between that character and me, and we both eventually found our calling.
I was a non believer in love, I always laughed at the so called girlfriend-boyfriend stuff, their romance expressed through the clichéd roses, heart shaped chocolates, heart shaped pendants….anything was okay, as long as it was in the shape of heart. Girls going to the washroom, to apply make-up to meet their dates, they would come out of the washroom looking so over the top, that I sometimes wondered if the date lasted for more than 10 minutes. I was told by my friend that I broke quite a few hearts in school, well I was blissfully unaware. For me, friendship was the most important relationship, whether it was with a boy or a girl.
Well, nothing lasts forever, neither did my funda of “there is nothing called love”.. It did happen, and how!!! Even today, when I sit and think about the roller-coaster phase, I laugh…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity is my religion

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Khalil Gibran Ever since I understood the nuances, of life, relationships, God etc... I realized that I didn't like the categorization of people because of their religion. For a person, who totally believed in humanity first, it became complicated when my grandparents did certain things because they belonged to a particular religion, or, because in the Hindu (read: Brahmins) culture, it has been passed on from generations.  The silly superstitions like - waiting for 5 minutes incase a black cat crosses your path or not to ask "where are you going" to someone who is already at the doorstep. Or, not to talk or touch the maids as they are 'untouchables' and more used to irritate me.  The rebel inside me refused to accept the religious practices in the name of God! "So, who is God for you?" I remember my G...

The pressure of celebration..

One of the usual mornings, where after packing off everyone, changed into my exercise gear and stepped out for the usual few rounds of cycling. Early morning chill was now taken over by the warmth of the sun, which gave me my dose of Vit D (much needed, my levels are alarmingly low). Finished my rounds, and caught up with my friends who were out for their morning walk. We parked ourselves in our layout under the sun chatting away. Today the topic was "what plans for 31st"? When one of the girls spoke very sadly, that all her friends have plans of taking a vacation/going for an NYE event/dinner and drinks at someone's place/drinking and going crazy at a pub, while she was "just going to be home". She was all the more upset, that while her friends would be going crazy posting pics all over social media, she would not have anything 'interesting' to share, and it would be embarrassing. I walked back with my head full of thoughts, precisely why the blo...

Let's be un-real..

Open up social media these days, my page is bombarded with all these posts on real women. “ A real woman is someone who smiles when she wants to cry” “A real woman’s strength lies in her nerves of steel”. “A real woman never gives up”. “A real woman puts others needs before hers” “A real woman endures it all and never complains” I am getting tired of these posts.  What defines a woman firstly?  I mean, why are we desperately trying to create a mould? Is this our come back on male strength?  If that is the case, then we are being silly, because there is no comparison of a woman's endurance with a man. The world knows it. The universe has aligned it like that. If a woman decides to go out and have fun with friends, is she un-real? If a woman wants to go shopping, is she un-real? If a woman feels like eating out and not cook, is she un-real? If a woman puts her needs first while taking care of others, is she un-real? If a woman wants to ...